Saint Peter's church is a 120 meters tall church in Riga, Latvia and was first built in 1209. The current tower was completed in 1746. It was last restored before 1973.
The tower was struck by lightning 6 times, and the tower collapsed on two of these occasions, in 1666 and again in 1721.
Before World War II it was the highest wooden building in Europe and during World War II the roof and the tower were damaged in a fire.